How do I run a sale in my store?
Price books can also be used for wholesale rates.
These sales automatically activate when customers from the assigned group purchase an eligible item.
Not sure what a customer group is? You can assign customers you create in Vend to a group so that you can report on sales and offer special rates.
How do I set up a sale using a price book?
- Click 'New Price Book'
- Name your sale
- Choose the customer group the price book will apply to. Make sure you choose All Customers if you would like the sale to apply for every customer, including walk-in customers.
- If you want the sale to only apply to one outlet, choose this outlet from the Outlet drop-down. Leave this blank if you want the sale to work in all your stores.
- Want your sale to start in the future? Tell us the start date using the Valid from calendar. Leave it blank to start the sale today.
- Want your sale to end automatically? Tell us what date to finish your sale on using the calendar. If you want this to be an ongoing sale, leave it blank.
- If you want to import products into the pricebook as a CSV file, add this using the link. Don't worry, you can add products manually too.
- Click Save Price Book
- Add products: Use the product search bar to add products by scanning their barcode or searching for their name, handle, or SKU. When a product is added, we will show you the current supply price and markup for this product. These are from your product page. (Don't forget, you can import products using a CSV)
- Adjust pricing: Use the Markup and Discount fields to adjust the Markup % or Discount % for each product. If you want to do this for all the products on the page, use the fields in the yellow bar at the top.
- Once you've adjusted the markup and discount, your final retail price will also update.
- Manage loyalty: If you have Loyalty turned on in your store, when you add a products added to your sale, we'll remember whether you've selected for a product to have a custom loyalty amount, or to use your store's earning ratio. For products that use your store's ratio, we'll update the loyalty amount automatically. For products that use a custom amount, we'll leave the loyalty amount the same. You can change these back to default by clicking Use Default.
- Set up pricing tiers: Want to restrict how many items a customer can buy at a certain price? Or set a minimum amount that a customer needs to buy to access discounted pricing? You can use the minimum and maximum unit fields to control this. You can even add the same product to a price book twice, so that you can have one price for 1-2 items, and another for 3-4, for example.
- Click Save Price Book to save your changes.
This means that you can filter and export your products from the Product page to make setting up a pricebook sale quick and easy. Some popular filters are sales by supplier, brand, or tag.
You can also import your entire product range to create sales like a 10% staff discount on all products.
The fields on the CSV are:
- Handle [Recommended] - the product handle - must match an existing product in Vend
- SKU [Mandatory] - the product SKU - must match an existing product in Vend
- Retail_Price [Mandatory] - the final (discounted) price for the product. You can also leave this as the current retail price, and update the discount using the price book discount fields.
- Loyalty_value [Optional] - the loyalty value you'd like set for this product. Leave it blank to use your store's loyalty ratio. If you want $0.00, you must put a 0 in the field.
- Min_units [Optional] - the minimum number of units the customer needs to purchase to get this price
- Max_units [Optional] - the maximum number of units the customer can purchase to get this price