Following steps will revert the Static Mode setting of your Star Micronics TSP-143LAN printer back to Dynamic IP (DHCP mode). Please DO NOT execute this steps unless you know what you are doing.
Assuming that you have completed the previous tutorial on Configure Star Micronics TSP-143LAN Printer and have configure your printer to the static mode.
IP Address: 192.168.0.150
Net Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
But your new router default gateway is 192.168.1.1
In this case, your printer will not able to connect to the new router at all due to the default gateway mismatch. You need to do a hard reset on your printer to revert the network setting to DHCP mode.
Here's the steps to reset the network settings to DHCP.
1. Power OFF the printer
2. Flip over to the bottom of the printer
3. Unscrew and open the metal cover
4. Turn all the switches downward (toward blue arrow)
5. Power ON the printer and wait until all the light turn green.
6. Power OFF the printer
7. Turn all the switches upward (toward red arrow)
8. Cover the metal plate and Power On
Successfully execute above steps will revert the printer to DHCP mode.